Thursday, August 26, 2010

Potty Training Vol. 1

So we decided while on vacation last month that we were going to try and start Peyton’s potty training.  Ideally, I wouldn’t start such a venture on vacay, but since it’s the only time we are with him for a week straight, Picture 323we gave it a whirl.  I was happy we waited to get his potty seat until we got to Florida because, to my surprise, their store had a Thomas the Tank potty seat.  I was completely elated!  I thought FOR SURE Peyton would potty on a Thomas seat.  So, we hyped it up about going potty while we were in Florida, and how he was such a big boy now and didn’t need diapers anymore, etc, etc, etc….

So, we did get him to sit on the potty.  The first time he sat down he actually did poop.  I called it a pooplet, because it was barely a poop, but hey I didn’t want to discredit his efforts.  So, he pooped before he peed, and that was alright.  So, then after that, every time he sat down he seemed to toot, and he kept saying, “I pooped!”  So, I tried to explain the difference between a poop and a toot!  I’ve learned conversations like these are certainly not uncommon when you have kids. 

He never did go pee in the toilet, but at least it was a start and he was at least sitting on the potty.  I was happy.  It’s kind of funny the things you do to try and keep them sitting on the potty when in the training process.  I learned I am not all too bad at coming up with short little songs about random things, like a lighthouse.  There was a lighthouse in St. Augustine that he saw and really liked, so he thought Mommy needed to come up with a lighthouse song.  So, Mommy and Auntie Emily came up with this:

“It’s big and tall, and black & white              It shines a light so big and bright

IT’S THE LIGHTHOUSE….OH YES….IT’S THE LIGHTHOUSE….OH YES….

It has lots of stairs that go round and round, It makes you tired when you go up and down

IT’S THE LIGHTHOUSE….OH YES…..IT THE LIGHTHOUSE”

Such fun on the potty!!!  Stay tuned for more potty training adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment